31 March 2022
We are recruiting: Digital Content Officer
Position: Digital Content Officer
Team: Strategy & Communications, reporting to the Communications Manager
Location: The SWA (Scotch Whisky Association) has offices in Edinburgh (HQ) and London. SWA is moving towards a hybrid working model which will include homeworking. The ability to travel to the SWA’s offices regularly, member companies and other locations in the UK and occasionally further afield will be required to fulfil this role.
Salary: circa £26-30k per annum
Benefits package: 25 days holiday and generous group personal pension plan
The Scotch Whisky Association
Scotch Whisky is a much-loved and prestigious spirit with a global reputation. Scotch Whisky makes a significant contribution to Scotland’s economy – the industry employs 11,000 people directly in Scotland and, through the supply chain, a total of 42,000 across the UK. With a history that stretches back over 500 years, the industry combines a unique heritage with the global reach of an advanced manufacturer as the UK’s No.1 food and drink export.
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) is the trade association that supports the Scotch Whisky industry. The industry’s vision, as set out in the SWA's 2018-2023 Strategy, is to ensure Scotch Whisky continues to be the world's undisputed premier whisky and consumers' spirit of choice. The SWA’s mission is to drive the best possible global business environment for Scotch.
In order to do so, the SWA focuses on the following Strategic Priorities:
1. Drive exports and global competitiveness.
2. Shape a sustainable future; and
3. Build domestic foundation for growth
The SWA is led by its Chief Executive and is made up of five teams, each led by a director. Each team plays its part in working to achieve the Strategic Priorities. The teams are: International; Industry; Strategy and Communications; Legal; and Corporate Services. The work of each team is critical to the SWA achieving its priorities and the industry’s vision.
Within the Strategy and Communications team, the Association’s Digital Content Officer will support the design and delivery of digital outputs. Working with the Communications Manager, the post holder will create videos, animations, infographics and other digital content to populate the Association’s social media, public website and other communications platforms to bring the story and contribution of the Scotch Whisky industry to life.
- Content creation for external communications: Planning and executing creative content for use across SWA social media channels, website and external publications - including video production, animations and infographics.
- Content creation for internal communications: Working with the Head of Membership and Internal Communications, planning and executing creative content for the ‘SWA Hub’, our member-only site.
- To support the Communications Manager where required in developing and implementing industry-wide communications campaigns.
The ideal candidate must meet the below essential requirements:
- A passion for telling the story of Scotch Whisky and will be super creative, organised and flexible, with the ability to juggle a varied workload.
- Experience of producing high quality content across a range of digital formats, including video, animation and infographics
- Great communication skills, able to adapt projects and campaigns based on direct feedback
Candidates with the below experience will be preferred:
- Previous experience of Affinity Designer or similar software
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop, Creative Cloud Express, and other Creative Suite programmes
- Previous experience of videography and photography
- Previous experience working in a similar role within the food and drink sector
Equal Opportunities and Applications
The SWA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy.
Expressions of interest together with a CV and short cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role should be submitted by email to email@example.com with ‘Digital Content Officer’ as the subject by no later than 15th April. Initial interviews are projected to take place over digital platforms in late April / Early May and second interviews will be conducted in person by end of May.