29 November 2021
We are recruiting: Head of Health and Safety and Supply Chain Security
Position: Head of Health and Safety and Supply Chain Security
Team: Industry Team, reporting to the Director
Location: Edinburgh. SWA is moving towards a hybrid working model which will include homeworking. The ability to travel to the SWA’s offices regularly and other locations in the UK and occasionally further afield will be required over time.
Salary: £45-50k per annum
Benefits package: 25 days holiday and generous group personal pension plan
The successful candidate will lead the SWA’s work on Health & Safety and Supply Chain Security, driving continuous improvement in the safety and efficiency of the industry while managing the industry’s interaction with policy matters with the Scottish and UK Governments and co-ordinating industry positions with member companies.
- To improve the overall health and safety in the industry through positive action, with the avoidance of fire and explosion as a priority.
- To work with member companies to achieve high levels of compliance.
- To monitor legislation developments and industry practice to make recommendations and to keep excellent relationships with the regulators.
- To lead the Association’s work on collection, analysing and reporting data on accident statistics and process safety performance indicators.
- To strive for a strong cereals supply chain for Scotch Whisky by working together with members and supply chain stakeholders to identify opportunities and threats to the sector, monitor developments in agriculture and ensuring sustainability of supply.
- To organise and run working groups on health & safety and cereals supply chain security and to project manage workshops.
- Research to support policy activity.
- To develop and to review industry good practice guidance for members.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree or equivalent level of education. Ideally they should have experience in health & safety compliance within industry. They must have the ability to grasp and analyse complex issues across a range of subjects, and have familiarity with the workings of government. Ability to use IT (MS Teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is essential.
Equal Opportunities and Applications
The SWA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy.
Expressions of interest together with a CV should be submitted by email to email@example.com with ‘Head of Health and Safety and Supply Chain Security” as the subject by no later than 10th December. Initial interviews are projected to take place over digital platforms in early January and second interviews will be conducted in person by the end of January.